Website of latouche
[Home] [Computers and Networks Administration] [Personal pages] [Links]
You will find here some links I found will exploring the net, they are sorted by date. Because I don't ckeck whether they are still active or not, some of them may not work.
- iTop: IT Operational Portal with CMDB, Service Desk, Incident Management, Change management, ...
- xpra: a screen like application for X applications, with possibility to move applications from on X server to an other (even a remote one)
- openfiler converts an industry standard x86/64 architecture system into a full-fledged NAS/SAN appliance or IP storage gateway
- spamcop: some statistics about spam
- Globalscale Technologies: they sell SheevaPlugs for Europe
- Hobby Boards - Howto: some interesting readings about 1-wire
- Some more reading about 1-wire
- Debian on SheevaPlug
- Gentoo on SheevaPlug
- drraw: a simple web based presentation front-end for RRDtool
- collectd: a daemon which collects system performance statistics periodically and provides mechanisms to store the values in a variety of ways, for example in RRD files.
- Christophe Nowicki's blog, mainly focused on Home Automation
- Domogik: Home Automation software with a web interface (written in Python)
- MisterHouse: the well known home automation program
- GGobi is an open source visualization program for exploring high-dimensional data
- Xapian: on Open Source Search Engine Library
- XLobby: a Media Server and Home Automation system
- Optnode: embedded systems used as gateways between xAP and 1-wire or X10
- xPL Project
- xAP Project
- ZoneMinder: the top Linux video camera security and surveillance solution
- Je ne suis pas un numéro de hotline, je suis un geek libre ! sur le blog de Ploum
- Internet Traffic Report
- TeleGeography: interesting maps around the telecommunication field
- ComixWall: an Internet Security Gateway (ISG), a.k.a. UTM firewall, based on openBSD - discontinued since the end of 2009
- De pierres et d'encre. Chine, au pays des marchands lettrés  : à la fois un guide, un livre d'histoire, une rencontre avec une région au coeur de la culture chinoise et un coup de coeur pour des gens qui ne se laissent pas dévorer par la modernité à tout prix. De pierres et d'encre, le nouveau livre d'Anne Garrigue, aux Editions Philippe Picquier, nous emmène dans un voyage exceptionnel au Huizhou
- Comstar: turn any OpenSolaris host into a SCSI target
- Le Tour du Net en questions
- tv_grab_fr: French grabbers for XMLTV
- MJPG-streamer: stream JPEG files over an IP-based network from the webcam (can be used with ZoneMinder)
- UFTP: multicast file transfer over UDP
- Proxy List: a list of open proxies, regularly updated
- Tsunami UDP Protocol: A fast user-space file transfer protocol that uses TCP control and UDP data for transfer over very high speed long distance networks (≥ 1 Gbps and even 10 GE), designed to provide more throughput than possible with TCP over the same networks
- NMEA over Ethernet - no code but some interesting info
- AHCP — the Ad-Hoc Configuration Protocol: "AHCP is an autoconfiguration protocol for IPv6 and dual-stack IPv6/IPv4 networks designed to be used in place of router discovery and DHCP on networks where it is difficult or impossible to configure a server within every link-layer broadcast domain, for example mobile ad-hoc networks."
- Where to subscribe to OVH mailing lists: Communauté OVH
- LCD2USB: directly plug text LDC display to your USB port and use it with lcd4linux or lcdproc
- LinuxTV: lists of hardware (DVB-T and others) compliant with linux
- Flashrom: a tool to read and write BIOS from the coreboot project (formerly LinuxBOIS)
- POUND: a reverse proxy and load balancer for HTTP and HTTPS
- nginx: a HTTP server and mail proxy server (POP3 and IMAP) with SSL support
- Eee PC Internal Upgrades: "Torsten Lyngaas has published a set of instructions with photographs on his personal wiki that describe the steps he took to install $450 worth of extra hardware, including a GPS receiver, an FM transmitter, Bluetooth, extra USB ports, 802.11n, and an extra 4GB flash storage drive." - anonymous on Slashdot (the same in cache)
- Projet GAME OVER: videos of famous games (tetris, pong, ...) where pixels are represented by humans.
- OOoLatex is a set marcos designed to provide latex support into OpenOffice.
- LatencyTOP is a tool which helps identifying the sources of latency in the system. It can be usefull for both kernel and userspace developers.
- Juniper Clue seeks to provide a compendium of useful knowledge, from the field, about Juniper products. This site is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Juniper Networks.
- HOWTO Email: A Complete Virtual System: The purpose of this HOWTO is to establish a virtual mail system that can handle multiple domains with a variety of different interface options. Based on Postfix, PostgreSQL and Courier-IMAP with anti-spam and anti-virus integration. Update 2011/01/16: the link is broken, the Mail server using Postfix and Dovecot guide might be an equivalent but looks less complete
- Pingdom Tools: measure load times needed for loading web pages (duration measurement for each composant of the given page: html, css, images, ...), results can be stored for later comparison.
Last update: see last entry